Like we discussed last week, Imagination is the mental organization of thoughts, ideas and information into a form that can be used in meeting real needs, solving present problems and preparing an individual or institution for future challenges. The mental picture you form about yourself and your future, especially with regards to your career, unleashes to you a world of wonders. Miracles happen every now and then, but only those who are prepared for it recognize it.
If you are disciplined in developing your imaginative faculties, a few of the miracles you’ll normally experience are discussed below:
- You will readily recognize the resources that you need to achieve your goals: When your mental faculties are awake to the reality of your future, everything around you now seems to matter much. You’d begin to recognize every little detail or resources that would help you achieve that future that you have captured. I understand this because of the quality of people now in my network. These guys have always been there all these years but we never met because our picture of the future has not been exactly alike.
- You learn to prioritize: you know what is important and what is not. When the picture of your future is clear enough, it also helps you to prioritize. You don’t have to do things because every other person is doing it. What is right for others may not be right for you – at least at the present moment. I think people should be judged per time based on the size of their dream, and not on societal expectations like we have in my part of the world.
- You’d be more disciplined. Delayed gratification. As you prioritize, you also develop the capacity for discipline. For example, the ‘in-thing’ in your organization may be obtaining a car loan to show them that you’re now a big boy. But if your goal is to become the CEO, you’d prefer to invest all money in personal development and skills acquisitions. While others are out there to impress at the expense of their future, you are playing to preserve your future. From personal experience, I have discovered that those whose goal in life is to impress never make a great and lasting impression on the sands of time. It won’t be long before we begin to wonder if they ever existed.
- You’d begin to attract the resources and opportunities that would help you achieve your goal. Not only will you recognize the resources that you need, you will also begin to attract the ones that hitherto have been without your reach to yourself. When you start acting like a particular character, you’d begin to attract people with such characters into your life. When you start moving in a particular direction, you’d begin to meet people leading that part too. Like minds converge.
- You’d be consoled in the face of difficulties. With a clear and compelling picture of your future, every setback will be welcomed with a sense of temporality. People will observe that even when you are experiencing any form of impedance, you are always excited and enthusiastic. When you get the picture of your future, every obstacle will become for you an object to ride upon to experience a miracle. You’d see every action or reaction as a necessary part of the process. You’d develop a new philosophy like Napoleon Hill’s thought: In every adversity is a seed of an equal or greater benefit.
- You’d act with certainty. With imagination also comes the stamina and force of character that ensures you act at every point in time like someone who knows where he is going. When you are consistently animated, bold, courageous, disciplined, exigent, and fast in getting tasks accomplished, you can’t but be noticed. And eventually your character, competence, confidence and credibility would be duly rewarded. Let me close this point in the very words of Napoleon Hill: “The world has the habit of making room for the man whose actions show that he knows where he is going.”
Another question that I know would be brewing in your mind right now is so how do I get to develop my imaginative faculties so that I could live in the realities of these wonders on a daily basis? Stay with me on this page next week for answers to that and more.
For more information on ProductivityQuotientTMand how it works and can be administered, please call now +2348096001659 or send an email to email@example.com.
Together, we can raise a truly productive workforce, and build a truly productive nation.
To your productivity,
D. A. B.
– We would love to have your candid feedbacks, contributions or recommendations. Please leave your comments to help us know that you actually read our page.
– ProductivityQuotientTM (PQ) is a Trade Mark of Soar Africa Training Resources. We can conduct in-house assessment on your staff to measure their individual PQ and their consequences on the organizational productivity, and offer workable recommendations on what can be done to improve organizational productivity and job satisfaction.
– These thoughts are originally those of the author. If you need to make reference to them, please preserve the source by quoting http://ayobankole.wordpress.com/. This can be your best contribution to the protection of intellectual property.
– We offer consulting and training services on Productivity and Performance Management, Customer Relationships Management (CRM), Employee Orientation and/or Motivation, Effective Interpersonal Communication Skills, Effective Presentation Skills, Teamwork and Teambuilding, Leadership and Transition Management. Please feel free to reach us on +2348096001659, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at http://www.soarafrica.com