Signs of a Frustrated Employer/Boss
- He uses coercion to get job done, instead of open understanding communication. Where there is frustration, communication is also stiff. And when any of the parties, especially the leader, is not bold or creative enough in confronting and addressing the situation, they hide behind their positions to get things done. They yell out orders at subordinates; and can’t wait for the day to be over so he could excuse himself from the frustration heaped up all around him.
- He is generally afraid of losing his job or going bankrupt. Where there is frustration, there is absence of cooperation. And since there is no cohesion, the boss is afraid the employees may not do their job, or if he is the boss, that the origination may go bankrupt.
- He hardly listens to others. Where communication is poor, cooperation is also lacking. The boss usually does not want to listen to anyone else. Only what he has to say matters. He doesn’t even care what his subordinates have to say over any matter. His point alone is valid. As far as he is concerned, they either shape up or ship out!
- Some could get physically brutal. I once worked in an organization where the MD beats up her staff. She threatens to arrest them whenever they put up a defence against her – which she did twice in the course of my stay there.
- He openly criticizes his staff. Since communication is stiff, such boss would shout at his subordinates everywhere in the organization’s premises. He could even curse them and insult them. See Signs of a frustrated Employee.
- He hardly sees the efforts of others in driving the organization forward. To a frustrated boss, nothing is done right. No matter how much effort the subordinates put into making things work, he hardly notices them. Since he is set on criticism, he’d scarcely see the good in them. In reality, we find only what we are looking for. And hardly will be aware that the entire organization is frustrated.
For a background on how this begins, read the article Work and the Cycle of Frustration.
Together, we can raise a truly productive workforce, and build a truly productive nation.
To your productivity,
D. A. B.
We would love to have your candid feedbacks, contributions or recommendations. Please leave your comments to help us know that you actually read our page.
For individual or corporate coaching, please call +2348096001659 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ProductivityQuotientTM (PQ) is a Trade Mark of Soar Africa Training Resources. We can conduct in-house assessment on your staff to measure their individual PQ and their consequences on the organizational productivity, and offer workable recommendations on what can be done to improveorganizational productivity and job satisfaction.
These thoughts are originally those of the author, except stated otherwise. If you need to make reference to them or use any of the pieces of information, please preserve the source by quoting http://ayobankole.wordpress.com/. This can be your best contribution to the protection of intellectual property.
We offer consulting and training services on Productivity and Performance Management, Customer Relationships Management (CRM), Employee Orientation and/or Employee Motivation, Effective Interpersonal Communication Skills, Effective Presentation Skills, Teamwork and Teambuilding,Leadership and Transition Management. Please feel free to reach us on +2348096001659 , or send an email to email@example.com or visit our website at http://www.soarafrica.com